Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day 11- Strength

8th. 888. Spiritually 8 is gaining a goal. It means infinity, means regaining paradise.
Eight is solidarity, as the first cube and it shows perfection by virtue of it's six surfaces. Eight represents the pairs of opposites. The octagon is the beginning of the transformation of the square into a circle and vice versa. Perfect rhythm.
I did my last presentation today, for my course. Mind and Madness, a class I've attended every Tuesday for a year is over. There was an anti-climax, followed by regeneration. 8 is the number of intelligence. Hopefully I used mine.... Sleep and Jazz followed. 8 is also the number of resurrection. After 7 days of fasting 8 comes with renewal. Today I truly felt that time was mine, for a while I felt compelled to do certain things, today was fully my choice. Indecision did knock at my door but in the end, you have to breath deep and say 'yes' and 'no' to your choices.
In Buddhism 8 compresses all possibilities. At the end, any possibility compresses all possibilitites. I found my self with one foot in and another out the door. Hesitant. In the end I went out, the night felt surprisingly how I felt inside. Warm yet dark and sometimes cold. I just let the wind take me. Went to see music. That was my celebration. Music makes me be in the moment, not expecting. Even the saddest pieces made me smile. 8 is regeneration and rebirth. And the number of Thoth.
Again, 8 is the number of all possibilities. I started a new painting. 8 is the number of immortality. Immortal. 888. This is a surreal version of card 8 in the Tarot, Strength.

No comments: