Friday 30 December 2011

THE REASON OF THE SEASON

Adventures of Stevie V - Dirty Cash (Money Talks) - Official Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkoQv9Onoc

This video in its deeply 90's style sings to my reason. Money talks. Dirty cash I want you dirty cash I need you. whoa. The things I want, to fullfill 'my soul's' true dreams cost dirty money. That's the situation at the moment, that's the season.

But we can't go about doing things just because they pay money in the end, or can we? Thing is, I hate my job. In there we are all prisoners in a marble cage. All dressed in black, attending the funeral to our creativity. WE are put there to look pretty and sell shit. Golden shit. Maybe I am too weak to resit a week in my job. Did I mention I hate it? I was put in the most disgusting place for my so called morals.
In the Harrods bubble of pointless unfair luxury, I've been working in Zegna, an Italian brand that basically sells insanely over-prized clothes dreamily hand crafted for 50 year old men. Imagine my face when I have to tell people that a jacket costs£22.000, I just cant... It feels ridiculous. Like a sick joke about inequality. So, who needs this clothes? I'll tell you: arrogant, ugly, short, rich, corrupt men. They do. When their youth and beauty are all gone and all they've done is accumulate money, they come here and spend it, the fools. The happiness you get from this shit experience of me selling you a shirt is not gonna last for more than 5 hours, a day tops. Its all artificially crafted so that you spend your dirty cash. I don't like them and I don't want to point fingers but I bet you they didn't make all that money selling hand-crafted toys, of that I'm sure. I must smell of violence. I feel so much rage, so much inner trapped rage when I see them walk up to the store, treat me like a servant or perv on me. WTF. Their necks stiff and heads held high, their wrinkly skin, they think they can buy it all. No you can't buy me. You can't even buy my kindness. I've decided to be mean. You can't buy my respect. No more.
Sometimes looking at those overly luxurious walls and thinking of the striking poverty of the rest of the fucking world, I hurt. My heart sinks. I try to imagine what else this building could be used for, I mean, for the world.
The less social conscience this place has, the more social conscience grows in me. I try to avoid it, I do silly things to pass the time and avoid hurtful thoughts... like trying to spot pretty people I could fancy or smile at children. But the children don't smile. Children from families with money are expected to act like little adults, its sad really, you can tell they are restless and that their behavior is not natural. I know it because I love children. I used to be a teacher assistant and stuff. Children are incredibly cute and just generally good people. I also really like kittens and puppies. I don't want to loose hope in the human species but it might happen if I stay at this place....
For now, in this end of the year season, dirty cash is the reason. I'm gonna go there, make it, collect it and run with it. Far, far to a land where greediness is not an attribute, is a fault.
anyway, Im not working tomorrow. Gotta say good bye to 2011.
azile
x

No comments: