Monday 12 December 2011

all those faces pay for my education...



I have sudden urge to share. Yesterday.
My step-dad got given tickets to watch the final of xfactor. A 'reality' show to find a new pop act. It was so overwhelming and retarded. 10.000 people get together in a venue and wait to be entertained in exchange they give claps and shout.
The crowd is composed mainly of young kids, young girls and their families and people with a need to be part of something big and showy, empty and non-productive. Its distraction, deviation from reality to a big, big scale.
I felt sooo uncomfortable for most of it. I felt shame whenever a celebrity turned up or was mentioned, the crowd went w-i-l-d. WHY???
This culture has certain old unwritten rules on privacy and on repressing feelings... you have to keep and 'stiff upper lip' and be calm and look like a expression-less fish. This kind of events are escapism but not a healthy one, its not good to get those feelings out and showing emotions by shouting at a screen and creating paper idols. its sense-less.
I can appreciate artists and music, definitely, i love it, im not bitter, what I complaining about is how the herd feeds of fast entertainment in response to a lack of real direction.
THAT'S THE PROBLEM.
England, London are places with masses of opportunity for education, self-improvement even, but its too convenient for the mainstream media to keep us all stupid. This must sound like a cliche but its true. They like you when you're stupid, because you're more willing to give your money away in exchange of short term satisfaction. Like a drug the xfactor numbs you.and all that crowd, all those faces are there just to 'like' stuff and give money. tv watchers give them money.
The irony in my case lays in that all those 10.000 faces pay for my education. My step dad gets paid from the sponsorship company, very down the line, as an anonymous business man, and then me, i get the money and buy my own stuff and complain about the stupidity of it all. would I like it more if my money came from a different source? ABSOLUTELY.
x
azile

No comments: